Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dong Dong Qiang!


Family reunions during festive seasons, definitely on my top ten list of favourite moments.

The simplicity of homemade food made lunch very enjoyable, and so I went for second and third helpings. However, I would say that the best part of it was having the meal with my fellow cousins, who came back from different regions of the country just to celebrate the occasion.



Stir-fried assorted mushrooms and peas.


Steamed kampung chicken.


Fried fish in sweet & sour sauce.


Chicken rendang.


Some black pepper stewed meat.


A type of shellfish, known as lala, cooked with dried shrimps.


Fish & prawn paste wrapped in wonton skin.


And the rest of our lunch served on the common table.

Second day of Chinese New Year was spent at Genting Highlands, and the initial plan was to use the cable-car to reach the top instead of driving there. However, Mr. Driver missed a turn and we ended up at the Genting Skyway at Awana, which was not operating when we were there. We continued our journey in the family car, and was fortunate enough as we saw the Chin Swee Temple on the way and decided to pay a visit.

The weather was quite cold, but I would say that addition of mist made the temple visit seem as if we were in China, and I really like that.




























And these were taken indoors.





We got hungry, so we went to The Bakery to get some nice pastries!



Strawberry cheese cupcake, I like, I like, I like!


Hot chicken pie!


Onion and ham quiche, yum.


All in all, Chinese New Year this year was pure superbness.